Dancing With The Stars

by Matt on November 8, 2006

Header

Group_shot_final

Alright, I admit there was no dancing involved, but it sure was a night filled with stars. I had the immense pleasure of meeting the one and only Keiko of Nordljus, a site that is held in super high esteem in the blog world.  Keiko’s photography and aesthetic is a thing of beauty,  and her site is a constant source of awe and inspiration to me.

So what was the occasion? It just so happened that Keiko and her husband Matthew were in Los Angeles working on a very nifty project before heading to San Francisco for a few days. Keiko emailed me along with Kevin of Acme Instant Food and we met for dinner and had a fabulous time.

Kevin’s site is the highlight of my day, a mixture of culinary bravery and inventiveness that will not only make you smile but you’ll probably end up chuckling in front of your computer.  I admire the fact that he will throw caution to the wind and get in the kitchen and experiment. I’ve wanted  to meet Kevin for some time, his passion for food and talent for engaging writing has made me a fan since he started his blog.

Keiko is as adorable and sweet  as anyone you could ever meet, and her husband Matthew is a pure joy. Did I mention how super stylish they were?  Plus his name totally rocks, but that’s just my opinion. If these two are ever in your neck of the woods then you must make every attempt  to meet them.  I’m still floating high on Cloud 9.

sam November 8, 2006 at 12:20 pm

I can’t wait to hang out with them this coming Sunday.
It will be my second meeting with the wonderful Keiko since we already hung out together a year ago in London, with the added bonus this time of meeting Matthew too.

matt November 8, 2006 at 12:25 pm

Sam, you are LUCKY!

Matthew is wonderful and I hope you let us know about the fun you guys have!

Kevin November 8, 2006 at 1:13 pm

Ed and I most certainly enjoyed the evening! Thank you Matt for helping to organize this evening of good food and even better conversation. You are all a non-stop source of inspiration and entertainment.

David November 8, 2006 at 10:25 pm

Keiko is living my dream-which is to be sandwiched between Matt and Kevin.

Either that, or you boys are fighting over that purse. (From the way the poor dear is clutching on for dear life,)

Which, by the way, doesn’t go with either of your outfits.

Shame on you, Matt. White leather and plaid?
I mean, really…

s'kat November 9, 2006 at 7:57 am

Wow, talk about the holy trinity!!

s'kat November 9, 2006 at 7:57 am

Wow, talk about the holy trinity!!

Matthew November 10, 2006 at 8:23 am

I like the caption – you forgot to mention the other short fat guy on the other side of the camera :) Also that’s the first time I’ve heard my name mentioned in the same sentence as ‘super stylish’! Really great to meet you and everyone else, hope to do so again in the not-too-distant future.

Jeanne November 13, 2006 at 3:11 am

So *that’s* why Keiko’s blog has been so quiet of late! Man, this is one blogmeet I’d love to have attended :-) And I’d love to gatecrash the Sam/Keiko meeting in SF as well – just the small matter of a continent, an ocean and budget stands in my way :-(

Pille November 13, 2006 at 11:52 pm

Lucky you, Matt! I sadly missed Keiko on my recent trips to London foodblogging events, and as I’m now no longer living in the UK, I must wait until Keiko travels to Estonia:)

Kim November 15, 2006 at 6:53 am

yes, lucky you! Keiko’s blog is amazing in every way.

Cenk November 16, 2006 at 3:49 am

Matt you are so lucky! I really couldn’t be more jealous!