I’m so thrilled and excited to be participating in this year’s Menu For Hope. This event raises funds to support the United Nations World Food Program which provides hunger relief those those around the world in need. Last year a whopping $17,000 was raised for Unicef, which is an incredible amount.
How does it work? If you make a $10 contribution at First Giving you’ll be entered to win your choice of prizes that have been donated by food bloggers all over the world. The list is exciting, unique, and jam packed full of one-of-a-kind gifts that would make amazing holiday presents – and they all support a worthwhile cause!
This year I’m contributing a gift basket of delicious goodies from Valley Produce Company from Australia. Australian products from an American in Los Angeles, you ask? Well, yes. These award-winning items come from my friend, Chef Christopher Smith and his company, and to say I’m obsessed with his truffle infused honey would be an understatement! In fact, Chris hunts for his own truffles in France and keeps his own bees, too. It’s absolutely heavenly on cheeses, drizzled on prosciutto, and I even like it drizzled on bread and chicken. Also included are his rich fruit pyramids which are great served with cheeses. I’ve been giving his products as gifts for the last few years because they’re delicious, and they come from a man so passionate and sincere about his craft. You can’t beat that.
Here’s what’s in the basket:
Fig & Almond Pyramid, Pear & Hazelnut Pyramid, Apricot & Pistachio Pyramid
These fruit pyramids were voted "Best Product of the Aisle" at the 2004 Fancy Food Show in San Francisco and contain over 1 pound of reduced fruit. Yes, they’re flavorful indeed and excellent with bries, blue cheeses and VPC’s Crackerthins.
Plain and Black Pepper Crackerthins
These are premium water crackers that are perfect with cheeses, the fruit pyramids and pates. They’re super thin and super crunchy.
Olivia’s Chocolate Panforte
Made by hand with Belgium bitter-sweet coveture chocolate, freshly roasted hazelnuts & almonds and glace fruit (peach, apricot, kiwi, fig & orange). Slice into this panforte and enjoy with coffee or tea – it’s heavenly.
Truffle Infused Honey
I’m including two jars of this heavenly product because I love it so much. Each 4.2 oz jar contains 2 grams of fresh black Perigord truffles from France in Red Gum & Clover Honey with a dash of White Truffle oil. Serve it over stilton, enjoy with prosciutto, duck, and with fresh figs and pears.
So here’s what you do:
1. Go to the donation page here.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. My Valley Produce Company Gift Basket is UW05 . Please specify which prize or prizes you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
The fine print: These delicious items have traveled far enough, so the winner of this item must reside in the United States.
Happy Holidays, everyone!