Happy Montevideo, Uruguay

New_header_interstate_3
Matt_in_montevideo_1

I’m really trying NOT to be naive here people, so if you can shed light on my situation I’d greatly appreciate it.

We’ve been in Montevideo for 4 hours, and every single person we’ve come in contact with has been beautiful, smiling, polite, friendly and funny.

The cab driver? Delightful.

The bank teller? Giggly.

The hotel clerk? Uber-sweet.

The bartender? Charming.

The waitress? All smiles

The lady in passing at the ATM? So adorable.

I am going through great pains not to generalize, but there has not been one person here in Montevideo that hasn’t been gracious and warm. It’s like a dream, where everyone is happy and nice and oozes generosity (not to mention that the people here are so utterly attractive!)

What is it? A beautiful country? The old buildings? Something in the water?

Whatever it is, I’m glad we are here.

Montevideo, gracias!

Comments

you just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    BEAUTIFUL shot! oh, the colors!

have a GREAT vacation, for those of us who have no giggly people around. or robots.

Be careful when you go to sleep at night. First check under the bed for a slimy green pod that’s waiting to sprout and clone you. I hope the Matt clone still continues his blog.

**It’s not that we are all bitter people who denounce joyful people , we are just jealous (and happy for you guys). :)

3. elarael says

Don’t let all these Cynical cynical people sour the sweetness of your trip! God, how lovely it sounds to be around happy friendly people! Enjoy !

dear god matt what are you thinking i can see your arms! and your whole head…oh wait…you’re in the southern hemisphere…i’m in the depth of a canadian amnesia about short sleeves and exposed skin…please soak up the rays for those of us waaaaay up here. have a wonderful time.

5. Juicy says

Hey Matt! I’ve been reading up on your blog, your South American adventures sound and look awesome. Your blog makes me hungry all the time. This is bad, since I’m in shitty wintertime Chicago, and there’s really nothing good to eat that I can get to from here. I just went for a walk in the *amazing* 40 degree weather (wohoo!) to my local grocery store, Cermak Produce, only to be disappointed with my purchases back at home. Sigh. Can’t wait to hear more about América del Sur! Send a little luz del sol my way.

Muchos besos,

Jugosa

6. Juicy says

Wow, I’m so confused, your thingy says that I’m Freya, but I’m not, I swear, I’m Juicy! I don’t know how that happened.

7. Alejandro says

Thanks matt for your comments about uruguay. It’s really something to read so nice things of its country. If you (or anyone) ever come back drop a mail and i’ll be thrilled to assist you in any way.

And what Steve says is not correct at all, we are siblings with Argentinians. We may be having some political differences but it’s just that.. it wont change centuries of common history.

8. Matt says

We have, yes. And it’s such a magical place. I can’t wait to go back, I think we’re heading to BA later this year.