Matt Teaches A Class!

by Matt on June 18, 2007

Wfm_culinary_center_logo Are you in New York City? Are you interested in a few hours of food
blogging talk, photography chit chat and some food styling tips with some really goofy
guy named Matt whose blog you just happen to reading this very second? Then stop by the Culinary Center at Whole Foods Market
Bowery where I’ll be teaching "The Ins And Outs of Food Blogging" with the good folks at my alma mater on Sunday, July 15th.

I
must admit that I was flattered beyond belief when I was approached for
a class. It’s Whole Foods Market, for pete’s sake! And although it’s my
first class with Whole Foods
Market, I’m no stranger to the natural foods juggernaut. I got my start
in the food business back in Austin with Whole Foods 17 years ago
(anybody remember Brodie Oaks?) and
even though it was a small natural foods grocer at that time with 5
stores and I’ve since moved on, I’ve never lost my deep connection to
the company as they’ve
expanded and gone global. I still consider them part of my family, so
when the offer came to teach a class I
didn’t have to think twice.Wfm_logo_120

You can register for my class here as well as discover all the other
amazing classes they offer. I’m bummed I missed the cooking class
series with the folks from Saveur Magazine! I can only imagine how cool
that was.

I look forward to seeing you!

chanelle June 18, 2007 at 4:37 pm

how cool!
now, come teach a class in arizona.

please?

and bring some apricots with you. :)

melissa mcgee June 18, 2007 at 9:16 pm

sweet, matt! i wish i could be there, but alas… such is life.

i am however sending this link to my friend sara who lives in NYC and has enjoyed your blog! she’s a foodie deluxe, and i know she’d love it!

Heidi June 19, 2007 at 4:19 am

Love love love your photos, Matt. Love reading your blog. Live in Nyc area. Adding this to my calender!!! Very cool!

Mary June 19, 2007 at 4:33 am

This is the first time since I moved away from New York that I’m seriously sad about it. Congratulations on the class, I’m sure you’ll have fun.

Lisa (Homesick Texan) June 19, 2007 at 6:20 am

Brodie Oaks? Wow, that takes me back! When I lived in an apartment complex behind the Broken Spoke fourteen years ago, I used to ride my bike there every day, dividing my time between Whole Foods, Bookpeople and Last Call.

david June 19, 2007 at 6:36 am

I got all excited since I thought the title of this post was ‘Matt Teaches Class’…since I thought I could certainly learn a thing or two about that from you. xo

Meg June 19, 2007 at 7:15 am

Mop,

I will send Rash over, since she lives there now. Have you talked to Otto? Have fun! Given my regards to the ol’ place!

Dot

Linda June 19, 2007 at 8:00 am

Matt!?! This is so exciting! My schedule is nutty and unpredictable since I started working for that photographer but I am going to try desperately to attend!

Amber June 19, 2007 at 8:07 am

I’m so tempted to come up to New York for this haha.

Yvo June 19, 2007 at 8:53 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Living in NYC comes in handy for all sorts of things, like this, but I will be in Vegas that weekend! AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt, please tell me you’ll be back to teach it again… say, the very next day? Because I’d be back in NYC the next morning…. *cries*

kevin June 19, 2007 at 9:23 am

Can we arrange for a satellite broadcast out here in So. Cal?

melissa mcgee June 19, 2007 at 12:52 pm

OOOOOOOOH! WEBCAST! matt – seriously – broadcast that sucker over the net!

Adam K. June 19, 2007 at 8:49 pm

Can’t wait! Glad I’m in town that weekend. Hopefully WF will set up other classes for you to teach in other cities.

Sean June 19, 2007 at 10:18 pm

Yay, congrats! I can hardly think of a more worthy professor.

myriam June 20, 2007 at 4:38 am

OH I WISH I COULD! whole foods at bowery is my favourite one in new york. it’s so big! and they have soooo much stuff! please take some pictures and tell us everything about it, ok? PS: wouldnt mind the webcast to switzerland either…;-)

Danielle June 20, 2007 at 6:33 am

I’ll be there! I’m really looking forward to meeting you and hearing your advice!

Lorissa June 22, 2007 at 11:16 am

Oh, how I wish I could attend! Will you perhaps consider posting the details/podcast/whatever you may have from your class afterwards?

If you can do a webcast – Yayness! That would be prefect for us folks across the pond.

180/360 June 22, 2007 at 11:54 pm

If I was in NYC I would definitely be there. I think your work is amazing and inspiring!

Nicole June 24, 2007 at 8:15 am

I just registered for the class! Since I doubt you’ll be teaching a class in Sicily anytime soon, I figured I’d might as well travel to New York ;-) Actually, I’m making the trip to the states for the BlogHer conference in Chicago at the end of July. I had planned on visiting NYC after the conference but now I’m switching things around. See you next month!

kel @ Green Olive Tree June 26, 2007 at 8:36 am

wow, if i were in NYC i’d pop in and say hi! But i’m stuck in Amsterdam for now. Just read about Whole Food’s queue management on NYTonline today…

k

Emmaluscious July 6, 2007 at 8:16 pm

I’ll be there with friends from the NYC Food Bloggers group. Shall we bring cameras, or just notebooks? Look forward to meeting you.

Elise July 10, 2007 at 3:42 pm

NYC? Damn, that’s just too far away. Hey, why don’t you come up to the Bay Area some time and host a class just on food photography/styling? You’d have plenty of takers.