Sunday and The Perfect Lunch

Mattbites_perfect_lunch

Jamón serrano, an heirloom tomato, a yellow peach, some fresh mozzarella and a baguette. Oh, and a sprinkle of sea salt and a dash of vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.

There’s really not much more to say.

Comments

i’ve drooled all over the lappy…what a beautiful, tasty selection. it’s those kind of meals i miss most from the “homeland…” greece! :)

Oh heaven! I have season envy. I am now off to the farmer’s market to see if the tomatoes came while I was in Italy. I know it’s too much to hope for peaches!

i just want to be left alone in a room behind a locked door with that heirloom tomato, that mozzarella, and that baguette.

and the sea salt.

i won’t be in there for long, but things could get messy.

I too am waiting for my tomatoes to ripen. Thank God I have my fresh raspberries to hold me over until then!

5. Veronica says

i was dreaming about this in class tonight. I cant wait to get out to the farmer’s market.

I’ve just discovered your blog and am green, nay, chartreuse with envy. It’s so very lovely and the pictures practically jump into my lap and beg to be stroked. I am heartbroken that I already have plans for July 15th – I would have trekked to NYC just to learn from you. Enjoy the teaching experience! Now, to go find the perfect peach…

That crusty bread looks oh so good. Even though I’m enjoying a tasty Starfucks treat right now, I would eat that in a hot second. ;)

8. Jeanny says

Paradise on earth – I guess the Old Romans had this kind of heavenly lunch every day…

What a perfect, soulful lunch. Have to say, Matt, I am behind on my blog reading (well, I am behind on everything, that included) but I am grazing through your site this a.m. and your photos are really reaching out and grabbing me. Always lovely, but better than ever.

Perfect, if you ask me! I would have exactly (or so) the same at home: prsut (Croatian cousin of parma ham and jamon serrano), delicious home grown tomatoes with a pinch of salt, home-made cheese, and preferably home-made bread.

Another thing that goes amazingly well with prsut/parma ham/jamon is a simple sallad of cucumber, olive oil and red wine vinegar (some also add red onion, but i don’t). Delicious! The cooling flavour of the cucumber goes really well with the saltiness of prsut, and the red wine vinegar adds one sour note to complete the symphony! :) ahhhh home….