MattArmendariz.com

by Matt on July 9, 2007

Mattscreencapture_2

Mattphotographscom_3
Well it took me long enough to get it up and running, but I’m finally pleased to introduce the launch of my new photography site. And yea, I’m kinda excited about it, if only because I procrastinated for sooooooooo long about completing it. I have no problem designing for others– it’s when I do it for myself that I just drag my feet!

Of course none of the images could have been captured without the collaborative efforts of talented friends who really know how to make food shine.I am eternally grateful and looking back on past images I must say it’s an honor to work with you – you all know who you are :)

So go check it out. It’s online at mattphotographs.com, because, well, mattbites, get it? get it? Ok, I’ll stop. And if that’s too confusing you can always access my portfolio at www.mattarmendariz.com, although something tells me with a name like that not too many people will be remembering it :)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

In other news I am just giddy and excited about the first Food Blog class at Whole Foods Market in NYC this Sunday! To those who have signed up and registered I’m looking forward to meeting you and talking about food! And can you believe the class has sold out? I better prepare a very special song and dance complete with kazoos and knee-symbols just to show my appreciation to everyone. Ok, on second thought, let’s stick to blogging.

g. July 9, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Congrats !
I think I could say “Wow” or “So great” but it’s what I expect to see when I come here and what I always get…
Maybe I should say “Thanks” also…
g.

Hilda July 10, 2007 at 4:30 am

Congrats on both things! Your photographs are gorgeous and I wish I could be in NYC on the 15th and attend the class, but maybe some other time (I can’t really complain, I live in Paris).

Nicole from: For the Love of Food July 10, 2007 at 4:30 am

I wish you would give a class somewhere in Europe!! If you want to come teach in Germany on a small vacation, I’m sure I could get tons of adoring bloggers together for you! Or, if France is more exciting, I’ll make the 9 hour train trip out! Wish I were in NYC…

melissa mcgee July 10, 2007 at 4:32 am

SOLD OUT! WOOO HOO!!! congratulations! i hope you’ve picked out a lovely frock to wear with all those people watching. i know you’re gonna knock ‘em dead.

and congratulations again on a beautifully crafted website, and all of the fantastically gorgeous photos that fill it’s pages.

deb July 10, 2007 at 7:00 am

Love the new site! But I’m SO BUMMED the class has sold out before I got my ticket. I didn’t mean to underestimate your market reach! I hope you’ll be back again soon so I can get my ticket to the next class much earlier.

Kim U July 10, 2007 at 7:29 am

Loved your photo website! Congrats on the sold out class, too!

Joycelyn July 10, 2007 at 8:13 am

dear matt, congratulations! new site is BEAUTIFUL, really, truly, heartstoppingly, breathtakingly so…

Amber July 10, 2007 at 8:31 am

Looks terrific, Matt!

Melissa July 10, 2007 at 9:50 am

Your photos are always an inspiration, but assembled together on your new site they reach new heights. So captivating and inventive, gorgeous.

Kay July 10, 2007 at 11:31 am

You are truly an inspiration. I visit you blog daily because it makes me happy. I love food!!

Ellen July 10, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Wow, Matt, your new photography website looks absolutely gorgeous! I can’t visit it before lunch or else it makes me really hungry! Each of your photographs – whether it’s still life, portrait, lifestyle – possesses so much feeling and emotion. Pictures really are worth a thousand words. Congrats!

Caro July 10, 2007 at 12:48 pm

I got a ticket, nya nya nya nya nya. Really looking forward to the class, Matt, as I always look forward to your drool-inducing posts. Hope we get a chance to talk about our non-bloggy connections, too.

Kenyo July 10, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Sorry to nit-pick but at the bottom of the photo the third blueberry from the left needs more mascara. I knew you would want to know.

Jennifer Jeffrey July 10, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Matt, you’ve outdone yourself. The site is gorgeous!

I just have to get one thing off of my chest: I don’t think it’s fair that you are a phenomenal photographer, writer, tastemaker, and all-around individual AND you know how to work the kazoo and make knee symbols. When we were standing in line for the Talents, I think you pushed me a few paces behind you. Cheater!

Ben Delaney July 10, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Matt,

SO glad to see this. I can’t even tell you how many people I’ve told about your food photography. It’s simply flawless. Glad that I’ve got a site to point them to now.

Keep up the GREAT work. Wish I could attend the class. Good luck!!

-Ben

aileen July 10, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Gorgeous! But that really wasn’t much of a surprise. Your pictures are always incredible – fun and talented – just how do you do it? Congrats – to you, and to all those lucky students that got the golden tickets to your class.

Rasa Malaysia July 10, 2007 at 3:40 pm

OMG, I loooooooove the photography site…your pictures are so vivid, well-composed and the design of the site is clean, crisp, and brilliant. I bow down to you…can I be your protege? :P

hd connelly July 10, 2007 at 4:57 pm

GORGEOUS site!!

I can’t believe you’ll be on my coast and I won’t be able to get to NYC to meet ya. I hope you’ll take photos and report back so the rest of us can enjoy it vicariously through your blog. :)

Veronica July 10, 2007 at 11:39 pm

aww i wish i could go to that class..

humph! :(

beautiful site..im drooling just looking at the pics.

kristina July 11, 2007 at 12:24 am

fantastic site.
everything necessary,
nothing extraneous.
the design is quite reflective of your excellent photography work.
A+!

Mary July 11, 2007 at 5:22 am

Awesome.

Linda, The Village Vegetable July 11, 2007 at 5:27 am

matt,

I adore your new site! I must admit to you that I am not able to make your class. It’s so close! yet so far away. I have a photoshoot all day Sunday at a random factory in Yonkers! Wish me luck. No air, and 85 degree weather, wohoo!

I will miss you and hope you do another soon so we can meet and I can get all your juicy blogging secrets!

-Linda

S July 11, 2007 at 8:20 am

CONGRATULATIONS, Matt!

Tony Clark July 12, 2007 at 5:47 am

Beautiful…

Vanessa July 12, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Hi Matt – just wanted to reintroduce myself as one of the lucky folks with a golden ticket for Sunday. Judging from your new website (and this one, of course) I think I’m going to learn a lot – beautiful!

See ya then.

excelsior July 12, 2007 at 7:32 pm

When are you coming to the SF Bay Area for a food blog class? I don’t write a food blog but I sure would like to hear what you have to say!

Julie July 13, 2007 at 11:37 am

I’m not at all surprised the class has sold out and am counting myself as fortunate to have reserved a space in time.

I’m looking forward to it!

Amy July 14, 2007 at 2:45 pm

The site is beautiful! Congrats! Your photography always leaves me speechless.

obachan July 16, 2007 at 1:34 am

Hi. First time commenting here. I just checked mattphotographs.com and gosh your photos are so incredible! It’s amazing how you make just a pack of eggs or a few French fries so darn artistic.
I’ll come back often and admire your work. Thank you for sharing.

180/360 July 16, 2007 at 10:30 am

Matt-
Inspiring and sensational! From its simplicity to the clever design aesthetic, I absolutely love your photography. It is exactly what I would like to do myself, if only I were so talented!

AlliK July 16, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Wow – add me to the list of new commenters here, but your photos on the new site are too gorgeous for me not to write in with a quick congratulations.

West July 18, 2007 at 9:04 pm

I am such a schleprock. But I guess that’s why I don’t do this for a living.

Good job and congrats on all the kudos!

I didn’t realize you’re a SoCal-er too. I guess I cook for the I.E. (land of the dirt people)

kim August 1, 2007 at 11:15 pm