East Vs West

Bryantpark

While I’m enjoying a few days in New York, meeting so many talented people (YOU!) and getting to do and see all sorts of great things, I wanted to share why I love visiting NYC so darn much:

• My car keys? I don’t need my stinkin’ car keys.
  • Strangers actually talk to each other! Imagine that!
  • There’s always something to do, 24 hours a day.
  • I get the pleasure of spending an afternoon touring the offices of Gourmet Magazine at the Condé Nast building.

(I just realized you could actually end each one of these points with "try doing that in Los Angeles!" Not that I’m hating my own town or anything. Just making a point!)

Comments

Strangers in LA actually do talk to other strangers. Usually, though, they just talk about themselves.

And there’s plenty to do in LA 24/7. You just don’t spend enough time on Hollywood Blvd late at night…

For some reason I thought you where a SF boy.
    I am in LA right now from FLorence…

The thing I saw in Santa Barbara.. was a lot of people talking to themselves.

Enjoy New York, I am off to the beach.

3. Kate says

Hope your class is going well, Matt. Whole Foods really does have more — it has you!

Love you!

4. Kate says

Love you!

5. Jennifer says

I’m a NYer and want to wish you much love & fun in the Big Apple. I’ve been following your blog for awhile and think it’s great. Good luck with your class, I’m sure you’ll rock!

6. sciencegeek says

I work in NY but live in Philly so I couldn’t make it for your east coast professorial debut. Instead I had to go to a CSA potluck out in Amish country, poor me.

I’m glad you’re enjoying NY. I hope you get to spend some more time in the east in the future.

And, since I’m delurking to post this, I’ll finish by making this a mash note: I’ve enjoyed your blog for quite a while and look forward to the writing, the food and the photography. Triple threat!

j

Nothing could pull me away from LA when the weather is this nice…but had I known you were teaching a class…I might have considered it. :-)

-Rachael
    (Who lives just down the street from the Conde Nast West Coast Headquarters on Wilshire and Crescent Heights…LOL)

I’m not near as trendy as any of the rest of you (though I desire to be…ha!) I just think it’s cool that you got to teach a class on blogging. I should probably attend one or two of someone’s classes.