Yawn.

by Matt on September 12, 2007

Zzzzz

I know it’s all my own fault for clicking, but when someone sent me a link to a recent Los Angeles Times article (registration required) asking me to weigh in on the topic, I found myself grabbing a pillow and searching for the softest spot under a shady tree I could find. The topic –anonymity, blogging, restaurant critics crying foul, resto-bloggers screaming louder — has bored me almost as badly as the last time I took my car in for servicing and read Field & Stream for over two hours because I was stranded without a ride.

No offense towards hunters meant.

Tell the world who you are. Or don’t. Slather your head shot on your splash page. Or just include your lips, as coy and annoying as that is. Dowhatchalike. I just cannot believe this topic has garnered so much debate and energy and attention — and here I am stoking the flame!

This new fangled World Wide Web is big enough for all of us. Can’t we all just get along?

Mattbites will return to happier, delicious things in the next few days. Thanks for reading my rant.

Dan September 12, 2007 at 2:48 pm

Yeah, but ya gotta admit that Adam Robert’s line “I’d rather make videos with Barbie dolls . . . than be the next Frank Bruni” summed the whole nonsense up.
;-)

Jennifer Jeffrey September 12, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Matt, you READ MY MIND. Seriously, this blogger vs. restaurant critic debate is sooooo mind-numbingly tedious. I am amazed at how many people are ready to duke it out at the mere suggestion of an insult in either direction.

Get ovah it already, that’s what I say.

Chicken Fried Gourmet September 12, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Isn’t the whole reason for us bloggers doing what we do is the love of all things food and sharing it with others regardless of if it is a hit or miss ? Just my two cents :)

casey September 12, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Completely agree with your righteous rant, Matt. And you made me lol with the Field & Stream comment.

Tana September 12, 2007 at 9:05 pm

In a world of ranting, that was pretty mild, dahlink.

The Guilty Carnivore September 13, 2007 at 11:40 am

So true. Such a meritless, boring, rote topic.

erin September 14, 2007 at 10:54 am

you’re my hero–i completely agree (and love the new header–yay fall!!)