Photography

by Matt on November 16, 2007

Each week I get 10-15 emails asking me about photography and photo gear. What do I use? Which lens do I shoot with? How do I use natural light? In a nutshell it really depends on the project itself (35mm digital, medium format, film, etc.) I love each and every email but ever since making the switch from semi-pro to real photographer shooting for some amazing clients (which I’ll reveal in good ole ’08) I haven’t been as punctual as I like. But my emails back to you will always – I repeat ALWAYS – include a link to my friend Lara’s site.

Still

As she’s done for the past few years, she’s just blogged about her guide to photography gear and if you haven’t read it it’s worth taking a look at it. From lenses to lights to workflow, she sums up her set up and provides some valuable photo information. It truly is a great resource!

Check it out!

kitchenbeard November 16, 2007 at 9:22 am

Her Still Life With group on Flickr is also a great learning tool where you can submit your work and get valuable feedback.

Cenk November 16, 2007 at 2:31 pm

Couldn’t agree more. I learned a lot from “Still Life with”. Once again, thank you Lara!

mary November 16, 2007 at 5:16 pm

I’m a real amateur when it comes to photography, but am very hungry to learn. I love Lara’s site, thanks for pointing out her post.

Chicken Fried Gourmet November 16, 2007 at 6:08 pm

Well I have just have to say THANK YOU again for all the help you have given me over the past year or so. Always Great advice :)

Curt November 19, 2007 at 6:38 am

Matt, not to direct people elsewhere, but Nika Boyce and I have started a food photography ‘class’ online that’s just finished its second week, called Food Photo 101. I mention it only because I notice you list her site (www.nikas-culinaria.com) in your links. The class is meant to be interactive, with lessons from Nika, then results of me going through the lessons, and a newsletter with each week’s lesson and input from others going through the class. Class info can be found at http://buckymcoinkumsbbq.com/wordpress/food-photo-101 or http;//www.nikas-culinaria/food-photo-101. It’s 2 weeks into it, but it’s easy to catch up.

Wicked Good Dinner November 20, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Been lurking for a bit and am really enjoying your blog :-)

-Dawn

In the help to your health. December 1, 2007 at 4:51 am

In the help to your health the best tablets for you and your relatives.