10 Things

10thingsilearned

It’s so wonderful to be home. My dogs missed me, my man missed me, my bills missed me. Two out of three ain’t bad, no? While a complete story is coming up shortly, chock full of information and photos about the gorgeous island of Eleuthera, can I interest you in a few small morsels of information that I learned about myself? Sharing is caring, y’all.

1wifi

2learning3flying4dog_25bites_26beach_27gorgeous_28kalik9office

10rainbows

Thanks to my friend Alex Robertson-Textor for a few of the pictures where I am clearly making a fool of myself. Alex, you rock!

Comments

1. Doug Fawley says

I have also enjoyed the environs of Eleuthra. I still enjoy Jamaica as my preferred Carribean destination, but for a low-key holiday, Eleuthra can’t be beat. Nicely done, Matt.

Extraordinary photos — I especially enjoyed the one on the plane (the look on the woman’s face is priceless!) and the one with the rainbow.

3. kim says

Gorgeous pics – where did you stay? – looking to get away to someplace a little remote. Pls advise. Thanks

Wow. I don’t necessarily covet the idea of a tropical vacation but I am sitting here seething with jealousy. Also, did anyone ever tell you you have lady legs? Just sayin.

5. casey says

Hi Matt,
    I have been reading and enjoying your blog for the last 6 months and I wanted to thank you. I love your voice, your pictures and your taste. Your thank you has insired my thank you.
    XOXOyour fan Casey

6. casey says

Hi Matt,
    XOXOyour fan Casey

7. Melanie says

I love the Caribbean especially when it’s cold and wintery–I live in NYC–I hope you got to enjoy coconut water straight from the tree and the jelly inside–a good drink is coconut water with rum and a splash of lime. Fish burgers rock!!
    Welcome back–I love the photos.
    Best,
    Melanie

We just came back from a sailing trip in the Bahamas, it’s just a wonderful place on earth and we came back with beautiful memories too (with the happy vacation memory lumps also… ;-).

9. s'kat says

Oh, what a sweet shot of gorgeousness and gorgeousity! I certainly envy your working vacations. ;)

Happy new year!

10. s'kat says

Happy new year!

11. s'kat says

Happy new year!

All I can say—I’m jealous. I am sitting here in 25° weather thinking—mmm, how nice that looks. Jealous or not—thanks for sharing Matt.

Take Care—R.

Two things i learned about you while you were on vacation:
    1) you are WAY too cute. way.
    2) your photos are amazing wherever you go.

i just pretty much love you!!!! hee!
    ~chanelle

What a great list! Your photos are amazing (especially the crammed puddle jumper picture) and your design skills are killer. Great that you’re back! I can’t wait to read more!

Thanks,
    Brooke

15. Jessica says

I originally read this post when you first wrote it almost 2 weeks ago, and while I didn’t comment, I’ve now realized that I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it ever since.
    So, I guess it’s time I stop hiding and comment already!
    My husband is a graphic designer turned programmer (I wrote to you before about offering photography classes in L.A.–please, do it soon!) and it’s been a while since I’ve had such an enjoyable blogging experience.
    I love love love your style and your talent. Not only that, I admire what the amount of time and care you put into the details of all your posts. You’re writing isn’t obnoxious either, which is a huge plus in my book ;-) (maybe one day I’ll bite the bullet and actually start my blog i’ve been dreaming up in my head for the past year).
    All this to say, you’re awesome! Keep up the good work :-)

Ok My Wife hooked me up on your blog- She was laughing her head up in the corner, I had to sneak in. Funny, wicked, instructive and great photos – I liked Jenifer Altman, has this soft 70’s pastel look. You must be a food stylist, the only thig i haven t looked at is the about me if any !
    Great and thanks