spring update

Seeing that the days are getting longer and Spring is around the corner I felt a seasonal update was in order. And a word about the new banner (which you may need to refresh your browser to view): it was an accident! We were using a brown mat to transfer some peas to the set when I looked down and said "STOP!"  Snapped a picture, and there you have it. Sometimes you’ll find beauty in the most random places if you open your eyes wide enough.

Oh, and happy birthday to me today. Last year I was in South American eating way too much. This year I’ll be in bed with tea and lozenges, cough cough. But you know what? Another year of so many amazing things are in store and I’m blessed. Even with a temperature. So there.

Comments

1. Chi Thanh Nguyen says

Dear Matt,
    I often drop by your typepad and always enjoy it. And today I read this Spring update and found out that it was your birthday, so *HAPPY BIRTHDAY* to you (sorry for this belated greeting). I love your photos and I set your URL as favorite (oh yes, this is my frequent place even though I don’t know you, I just happened to know your place when I was surfing around on the Internet and paid my attentions to your beautiful pictures).
    I never tried your recipes here but they are interesting. And I enjoyed your experiences shared in a friendly way with gorgeous pictures.
    Ok, it’s been a long note from a stranger, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY again.
    (I decided to post a comment here ’cause today is my birthday and I had such a great time with my friends).
    It’s night here so goodnight then!

happy birthday
    hope you are feeling better soon.
    I am always checking in
    to see all the beauty
    :::::::love the New Banner.::::::::

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY belated birthday! i’m sorry you’re puny and in bed, but i’ll bet you’re covered with four-legged code medicine!

… and a very cute tattooed redhead.

and happy valentine’s day!

i love you i love you i love you! happy birthday to you, my dear.
    and please feel better soon!
    (be-yew-tiful new banner, too.)
    xo,
    chanelle

Belated Birthday Matt ! i’m sure you’re better already :)Hope u have a really fantastic yr and of course lots of success and love.

Absolutely adore the new banner.

what do you mean, spring?in Spain it´s freezing and awful and I´m sick and coughing too, but you´re so sprightly you make me realize that I´m very blessed too, so I won´t complain. Happy birthday!

Belated Happy Birthday! I adore the new banner. Yes, it’s amazing what you see – sometimes out of the corner of your eye. The trick is to then turn your head and look at it! Kudos for doing just that! Feel better soon!