This isn’t food related but it’s photo related. I do hope that’s ok.
I recently completed my first big ad agency shoot on Monday (that picture above is from last month) and man oh man I couldn’t be happier. I don’t want to get in trouble by revealing too much about who it was for and all that stuff just yet but here are some of my initial observations:
1. Accept the fact that the prop stylist will bring things you covet and drool over and no, you cannot keep them and take them home. Including that perfect little glass you’ve been looking for for about 6 months. This makes my heart hurt.
2. My first time around and the big wig agency people were dreams come true; gorgeous, warm, all smiles, friendly with an idea of what they wanted. It was magic.
3. After all this time I actually feel like I know what I’m doing. Who knew?
4. Do not tease, provoke, annoy or trip the food stylist. You’ve been warned.
5. Mary Sue Milliken is as nice in person as I thought she’d be. She rocks.
6. Staring at avocados for 10 hours did nothing to diminish my unshakeable love for those things.
7. Do not leave obnoxiously-sized muffins laying about in the late afternoon. They will be consumed by me until they’re gone. So much for my recent pattern of healthy snacking.
8. When technology and creativity work together it’s a beautiful thing. When they fight or argue, well, I never realized I knew so many swear words.
9. Ok, I give up, I admit it. I WILL hire an assistant. I promise.
10. When you love what you do and have the best significant other in the entire world, well, let’s just say life is a blessing and the work has meaning. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
Please forgive the hokey illustrations. I have never claimed to be an illustrator and just looking at the uneven drawing of the glass in item #1 proves that I should stay away from pen and paper.