I Melt With You

Not sure if it’s the same for you, but we’re melting here. I mean, it’s 96 degrees outside. It’s April. I’m confused. And sweaty. But happy! And you know why? Because while stepping outside to grab an orange off my tree I looked up and noticed these glorious little orbs. Already. Yes. Nectarines on my tree.

It’s gonna be a great summer. Albeit an early one.

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend, everyone. Big hugs from me to you.

Nectarines08

Comments

Matt – Fantastic photo as always. You are a great inspiration to me. Hope you have a bountiful harvest. Looking forward to your creations with the nectarines.

what the heck? it’s frakkin hot here, too – 92 degrees.
    your photo just made it all better. *happy sigh*

hope YOU are enjoying your weekend, too my dear! HUGS!

xo,
    chanelle

We are melting here is AZ too, I feel that “not yet” vibe too. I just found your blog and LOVE it! Your eye is great and I love the photos, not to mention you seem pretty great yourself. I will be back, thanks for the great read.

I was in LA yesterday – 100 degrees in Monrovia, and there was still snow on the top of a mountain to the east!

Dearest Matt – so wish I could enjoy the gorgeous weather with you (we had sleet here today (!) and I still need Adam’s pink scarf). Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend, the picture is absolutely beautiful. kxx

Melting here also, in Ess Eff.

We have plumlets on our tree that are large enough to see from the upper deck. If we get half the fruit it looks like, we will be having chutney and galettes all summer long. :)

it’s cold here! ugh.. i’m jealous. oh well, i will just have to be patient. i adore this image. it screams light and airy; the look of summer. simply gorgeous. might i also express my envy over your trees! i planned to grow a vegetable garden on my roof this summer, and just yesterday the landlord posted a sign that said “NOTHING ON THE ROOF”. I’m still pouting. I bought some potted herbs in attempt to heal my wounds:(

Those aren’t chestnuts at all!

No melting here. It is 35 degrees and it snowed last night. Welcome to spring time Chicago style.

Matt, we had a lovely summer day like weather this past week end too, but today is grey and wet. Your picture is beautiful.

Gorgeous-the green and the bottles. I need some great bottles like this, oh and heck a nectarine tree would be nice too.LOL.

Lovely

11. marettesyndrome says

how do you keep the squirrels from eating every last one of your nectarines? thought we were going to have a bountiful harvest of apricots last year, but we have yet to taste one! (at least it’s supposed to start cooling off!)

I feel unworthy to even comment. Your blog is so professional and fun. I have been stopping by for a while but thought since I am adding (hope you don’t mind) you to my blogroll that I should at least comment and say hi. Of course your photos are amazing and your blog is fantastic!
    It is a terribly overcast day today in Sydney :)

The only thing melting in SLC, Utah today is our latest spring snowstorm today. Yeah, 73 degrees yesterday, 34 degrees today. I hope you’ll have a great harvest!

Matty,
    You are the lucky one to have great fruit in your fruiture. It’s hot in AZ and I just had the ac in my car fixed. YIPPEE! Great photo as per usual, can I borrow a camera?

15. Alicia says

You take the most beautiful photos, Matt! It’s really nice to hear that someone has found their true calling…I enjoy your writing, as well. Jealous of fruit trees and various other growing-type things that you just step out your backdoor to get. Waiting not-so-patiently for the hot to hit the South!

You could send some of that warmth here. We were eased with a couple of 70s days only to be hit with a cold front, and I had to turn the heat back on!

Fantastic photos! So happy to read that you’re a late bloomer as well (in photo anyway ha ha). I’ve just sold my first series to a Norwegian interior mag and happy as a bee. Love your work and will be back!

This is so beautiful! Fruit trees with new tender leaves and baby fruit make me so happy! I got so excited at first because I thought they were off your apricot tree, but oops! Nectarines? Boy, was I wrong!

Hi, I am a new reader to your blog, and love the way you wrote this post – it is as if you are the friend next door! I live in Switzerland so geographically speaking that might be a little tricky :) In terms of seasonal fruit, are apricots appearing in your neighbourhood? At our house in Provence, an early unexpected spring frost hit and destroyed most of the local crop for this year, unless you are further south. I think I will be taking a road trip as I love this little fruit.
    Have a lovely weekend,