Dear Margaret

Jhthumbnails128
This is my friend Meg. We’ve known each other forever and we go wayyyyy back. I mean, like, prehistoric times. She’s the only person I know who caused me to get in so much trouble for cutting up in an office which led to a big cubicle panel being installed between us. I love that. And I love the fact that I was with her as she peed on little sticks numerous times as she double and triple checked the results of her pregnancy test.  I love her because she makes yummy vegan dinners when we visit and we sit outside and eat. And I love her because she knows me better than anyone else and is so pleasantly crabby it ain’t funny. Or is that crabbily pleasant? I also love her because her husband is super super super famous and amazing and sweet.

I love her so much that I’m willing to forgive the voicemail that was left for me today. It went like this:

"Hey Mo, it’s me. Where the hell are you? YOU ARE SO COMPLETELY BORING AND YOUR BLOG IS DEAD. DEAD AND BORING AND OLLLLLLLLD. Tired and old. OLD and tired. Gaw. You must post again. Toodles!"

Ok, so I made up the "toodles" part because if you know Meg you know she’s never really all that pleasant. Or at least not to me she ain’t. Look at that picture again and try to argue. And that’s exactly why I love her.

And the truth is yes, I’ve been painfully absent from this blog lately. I don’t mean to be, it’s just that I’ve been busy with the day job, shooting amazing food for people like Mark Peel and these lovely ladies, as well as lining up some really interesting gigs.

Oh, and yea, there’s this:

Studio

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my new studio.

MY. NEW. STUDIO.

As in a real, naturally lit space in downtown Long Beach. If you think I’m not giddy and giggling like a child then you’re wrong because I cannot wipe this permasmirk off my face. And why would I? I’m super excited to be shooting in such an amazing space now and not in my garage or some random space. Not that I don’t love my garage and all. It’s just, well, you can see why I love it.

Studio3up

So Meg, I hope I’m off the hook for not posting lately and I promise that once I get settled I’ll be back to sharing way too much information about myself and your pregnancy tests.

Forgiven? I thought so. I love you!

Comments

wow, that is so cool. how amazing, all that natural light.

and you still have a roll-up door in case you miss your garage. that’s so cute. :D

Congratulations Matt, i look forward to what you can do with this(the studio not the redhead;) )

You have been so helpful with my photography questions and I really appreciate it.

This must be so exciting! You deserve it along with all of your other success!!! I am so very happy for you. And Meg sounds like a great girl. :)

4. micha says

Wow Matt,
    what a great place ,congrats.That will make the ceative juices even more flowing I suppose.
    Looking forward to each of your pics….

Cheers,
    micha

YAYAYAY! you’re back!
    and congrats on the new studio – I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna be able to do with all that SPACE.

have a great weekend, my dear – XOXO!

~chanelle

Good lord. OK, first, I love you, too. Second, that is *so not* verbatim the message I left you. Third, that picture is, like, the worst picture of me I have ever seen. Fourth, oh, man. Your studio! It’s gor-jwah! Lucky duck. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I am so completely jealous. I’m still jealous of your GARAGE, OK? Now, all that natural light and groovy space. CONGRATULATIONS!! Can’t wait to see the gorgeous things you produce there.

Not only are you where I want to be (So Cal) but now you have a spacious naturally lit studio to boot. Okay I’m a tiny bit jealous. Congrats- and may you make lots of purty picthers.

Matt, that’s so exciting! Congrats. Not that you have time to spare, but might you consider teaching some classes there? That would be so fun.

ali

Wow, just…wow! What a studio! I’m envious, and yet so ecstatic for you! I can’t wait to see what fabulous photos come out of it.

that is SO AWESOME! and what a great idea!

next time you’re in austin tx for a shoot or something (where i am) i would love to observe you at work! can i? :)

Hey Matt
    Congrats on your new place. I’m sure you’ll be making great memories, photos and delicious recipes in no time. Keep up the extraordinary work.

Mark