Introducing Teri

Perhaps one of the greatest things that has happened to me lately was getting the nicest email from a photography student at Art Center College of Design. She expressed interest in working together in an educational capacity and for about two weeks I was completely floored. Me? Matt? What on earth could I possibly to do help a student? Let alone a student from Art Center??????? After getting to know Teri (it turns out we have a mutual friend, the ever stunning and sweet photographer Gabriel Goldberg) and some very official paperwork from the college I am now super pleased to say I am working with wonderful young student on an independent study program. As in, this doofus is a mentor! With a student from Art Center! Can you believe it?

Like almost every situation in life, things run both ways. In getting to know Teri I am inspired by her interest, creativity and desire to learn. These qualities are almost eclipsed by her talent….man oh man she's good. And while I'm happy to share my experience with her I'm also secretly in love with the fact that I get to learn what she brings to photography and what drives her to create. And we both have graphic design backgrounds. I think that's mighty neat.

Here are two shots which sum up how amazing she is:
Myolives

Mycitrus

Teri also has a great blog about photography and design (and some gorgeous polaroids, too!) and you should check it out here.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and Teri, thank you thank you thank you!

Comments

Well, well, well…looks like the two of you are in very good company :)

Matt, c’mon…I’d have called too! Actually, I might not have…too scared! I’d have been nervous. So kudos to Teri!

Teri…these are great! My personal fave being the olive oil pic! Looks like a contemporary painting at first glance…great composition :)

ok, wow. wow for both of you!
    matt, do you take applications for people that just want to follow you around and tell you how awesome you are and eat any leftovers from your photo shoots? especially when you make apricot ice cream and tacos and baked feta? i’m first in line. consider this my resume.

;)

xoxo!

~chanelle

I’m a sucker for a painterly citrus shot, but Teri’s is especially lovely.

When I win the lottery, I am going to submit my intern application, too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing your friend, now I know about 2 wonderful photographers. It is about time you pass your talent onto someone else.

Hey Matt

Kudos to you. WOW……that’s mighty impressive! Had I known you were accepting students or eager volunteers, I’d have taken the next red eye. Give me a shout if you are ever in the Boston area. Would love to study photography and food styling anytime you are ready.

looks like some mud australia stuff in that first pic!

i was so happy to have stumbled across teri’s photostream on flickr. i visited her sites and really liked them.

now i am consumed by envy at the fact that you’re mentoring her!

i’m going back to cali, cali, cali…

holla
    k

Matty, You have always been about helping people. How fun is that going to be? Maybe after working with Teri for awhile, she will make you laugh so you’ll have starbucks fly out your nose! Wait, is that what I really wnat to say? I know the both of you will have fun learning together. It’s so sweet I’m getting a little teary eyed…please, just don’t call me sir.

Beautiful photography, Teri!
    It’s lovely to meet you both – and Matt, your enthusiasm and joy in championing Teri is as endearing and inspiring as your photography.

How wonderful to have discovered such a talented artist. Lovely work and I am sure Teri is destined for success–the mere fact that she reached out to you for mentorship shows she’s on the right path.