Talking Tomatoes

by Matt on August 21, 2008

2785104868_7c4ec918c1_b

No, there's no post here. Not at all. But since everyone is still talkin' tomatoes and some of the best of the year are still left to be enjoyed (late summer rules folks!) I thought I'd put up an image I took last month at a shoot in NYC.

That's it! Just a photo, nothing else!

Kevin August 21, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Hey, did you know there’s no post here?! Just checking…

Vicki August 21, 2008 at 7:58 pm

That photo should be on the cover of a cookbook!

Miriam Leigh August 21, 2008 at 11:37 pm

awesome f’ing photo.

Lucy August 22, 2008 at 5:30 am

Pretty. It looks delicious.

Louise August 22, 2008 at 7:37 am

Wow. And even more wow.

Was thinking of you this morning as I posted possibly the worst tomato photo in history. I’m thinking that a new camera is in my near future just for pride’s sake. But still, you’ll always be #1.

chanelle August 22, 2008 at 8:45 am

you big tease. give me a picture and then just leave me here….
;)

C. August 22, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Hey! This food stylist wants to know……

Did you mean for the tomato in question to be all wizened? Is it some sort of partially dried tomato, like on purpose?

Matt's Kitchen August 22, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Chanelle,
The edges may be slightly serrated, but wizened? It looks young and spry to me. Of course, I’m a little sensitive today. One of my fourth grade students thought I was in my sixties when I’m actually twenty years younger. And now here I am empathizing with a tomato. I need a drink.

Matt's Kitchen August 22, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Chanelle,

Matt's Kitchen August 22, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Chanelle,

ali August 22, 2008 at 8:58 pm

what does wizened mean? the pic is very cool. and yes, late summer rocks. I eat a bagel with cream cheese and tomato every morning for breakfast. I am literally excited to wake up just so I can eat tomatoes. Is that strange?

ali

C. August 23, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Hey Matt of Matt’s Kitchen. Regarding the wizened tomato, it’s C. (me) and not Chanelle. Though I’m sure a few of my friends would understand the confusion. ;)

Food Woolf August 24, 2008 at 10:10 am

Sometimes, just seeing something beautiful is enough. Take last night for example.

You and Adam are amazing. It was so wonderful watching you two enjoy the bounty of food and even more great getting to know you!

I look forward to hanging out with you again!
–Brooke

TastyNewEngland August 24, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I could talk about tomatoes all day anyway. I can’t think of anything more tasty than a red ripe tomato plucked off the vine this time of year.

Andrea Lin August 24, 2008 at 3:16 pm

Despite the fact that it is HUGE tomato season even here in the post-soggy waning summer of Albuquerque, this photo made me think of one of my favorite year-round things when heirloom just ain’t happenin’: a 2# box of sweet grape tomatoes from Costco for $5.

That’s exactly what the buggers look like.

J Wade August 25, 2008 at 8:48 am

what do talking tomatoes say?

Deb Puchalla August 26, 2008 at 9:31 am

OMG. Where can I buy a big ole print for my kitchen? Can it be a series? Please?

Jaden, Steamy Kitchen August 26, 2008 at 2:50 pm