Talking Tomatoes

2785104868_7c4ec918c1_b

No, there's no post here. Not at all. But since everyone is still talkin' tomatoes and some of the best of the year are still left to be enjoyed (late summer rules folks!) I thought I'd put up an image I took last month at a shoot in NYC.

That's it! Just a photo, nothing else!

Comments

Wow. And even more wow.

Was thinking of you this morning as I posted possibly the worst tomato photo in history. I’m thinking that a new camera is in my near future just for pride’s sake. But still, you’ll always be #1.

2. C. says

Hey! This food stylist wants to know……

Did you mean for the tomato in question to be all wizened? Is it some sort of partially dried tomato, like on purpose?

Chanelle,
    The edges may be slightly serrated, but wizened? It looks young and spry to me. Of course, I’m a little sensitive today. One of my fourth grade students thought I was in my sixties when I’m actually twenty years younger. And now here I am empathizing with a tomato. I need a drink.

Chanelle,

Chanelle,

what does wizened mean? the pic is very cool. and yes, late summer rocks. I eat a bagel with cream cheese and tomato every morning for breakfast. I am literally excited to wake up just so I can eat tomatoes. Is that strange?

ali

7. C. says

Hey Matt of Matt’s Kitchen. Regarding the wizened tomato, it’s C. (me) and not Chanelle. Though I’m sure a few of my friends would understand the confusion. ;)

Sometimes, just seeing something beautiful is enough. Take last night for example.

You and Adam are amazing. It was so wonderful watching you two enjoy the bounty of food and even more great getting to know you!

I look forward to hanging out with you again!
    –Brooke

Despite the fact that it is HUGE tomato season even here in the post-soggy waning summer of Albuquerque, this photo made me think of one of my favorite year-round things when heirloom just ain’t happenin': a 2# box of sweet grape tomatoes from Costco for $5.

That’s exactly what the buggers look like.