All Bark. And Some Bite.

775634

Do you see this? No, really. I mean, do you REALLY see this? It's bark. But not just any bark. It's cinnamon from Vietnam and it's changed my life. Adam's too.

So I thought I knew cinnamon. There are no words I  can use to describe how amazing these 8- and 12-inch pieces of cinnamon truly are. Lifechanging. Subtle. Powerful. I feel like a character from a Willy Wonka movie, gnawing and biting off pieces of this bark given to us by our beloved friends Todd & Diane. And now that they've posted an entire blog entry about it you can read about it too. And they're giving a few pieces of their cinnamon away.

But not me. No way.

I'm hanging on to this stuff for as long as humanly possible. Because it's just that different. And that good. And I will be a very sad boy when my supply is gone. I guess I'll have to take a trip to Vietnam.

Read more about it here.

P.S. I forgot to say that you can actually eat pieces of this bark and it tastes exactly like a Red Hot candy. Sweet and all. It's phenomenal.

Comments

I just went to the Todd and Diane’s site and left my comment!! What are great thing they are doing!!! I’m a little jealous that you and Adam got some bark!!! Can you send me a few Microplane flakes?? :)

we get bark-like cinnamon in india, but i’ve never actually tried to chew on it. but it definitely doesn’t ignite when you put a light to it. this looks incredible!

Great shot mate, and fantastic sounding cinnamon. I have never been much of a fan of cinnamon – mainly because of the completely crap powdered rubbish in grocery stores. This looks completely awesome though I have to say.

T+D are amazing.

How to you make them stand like that? You’re amazing!

I read somewhere that you are going to eat at The Bazaar at SLS Hotel. OMG, I have been waiting too, it’s very close to my office. Plus Marcel from Top Chef 2 is the sous chef. (Yeah, I know everyone hates him, but I actually think he is talented!). When are you going??? How long is the reservation list already???

5. Nicole says

this may not be the time and place, but i am a regular reader and fellow LBCer, and i just wanted to offer some type of condolences and say how disappointed i am in my fellow californians right now…

Don't worry, we'll always have a secret stash for you when you run out. When we head out to VN this summer for our documentary, you'll get the fresh, red bark!

Thank you so much for the shout out and the love.