Walking around Cockburn Town, Bahamas

Matt in the Bahamas

While on a walk through Cockburn Town this morning with  Adam, Elise, Jaden and Diane we came across some of the most beautiful brightly colored buildings that dotted the coastline of the village. It was a sensory overload in the most delightful way possible — the sun, the water, the breeze and my friends. Diane snapped this photo of me and I don’t think I’ve been this relaxed in oh, about 39 years. And for once it’s a shot of me without an inflatable doll, something on my head or dressed in something ridiculous. My mom is gonna love it.

Comments

1. Kelley Burrus says

Really great shot. You can tell you like the person behind the camera. I want to live in that house.

For such a beautiful town, sure sounds like it hurts. Maybe too many nudists! Make sure that troublemaker of mine doesn’t get you guys into too much trouble. Hope you all are having a great time. Todd.

3. Mom says

Hi Handsome Son, glad to see you are finally relaxing. Is’t the background the same turquoise as your bedroom back in Galveston when you were in the 6th grade ?

4. Mom says

Hi Handsome Son
    Glad to see you are finally relaxing. That turquoise background, isn’t that the same color of you bedroom when you were in the 6th grade? Love you. Mom

5. Mom says

Hi Handsome Son
    Glad to see you are finally relaxing. That turquoise background, isn’t that the same color of your bedroom when you were in th e 6th grade? Love you. Mom

So am I going to have be the 1st 3rd grader of the bunch and chuckle about the name of the town???? seriously though that is a good picture and glad you are getting a chance to wind down.

Fan-frickin-tastic photo Matt – – you look fabulous!!!

I am so glad you are loose, relaxed, and having a great time in such a gorgeous location, and with such great company! You deserve it!!

Cheers,

~ Paula

I’ve seen this on Flickr and FB and it really is a wonderful photo of you. You should be the poster child for the Bahamas! :)

9. Jenny says

Came to this site from the pioneer woman. Absolutely stunning picture. The colors are just piercing. Absolutely magnetic!

Trackbacks