Tan & Happy

Bloggers In The Bahamas

After a trip back home that felt more like a journey around the world (Diane can vouch for this), we’re finally home with sunkissed memories and a sunburn here and there. Oh, and a mild concussion for me. But I’ll tell you more about that later. I’m fine, really I am.

I want to thank Kate and Morgan and the entire Club Med team for such a wonderful week filled with great food and company. And I want to thank Jaden for putting it all together for us. It’s remarkable how it felt like one big happy family and getting to know my fellow bloggers outside of chat windows and skype conversations really centered me and gave me the big dose of Happy that I really needed. I’ll be posting stories about the trip in the next few weeks as I have around 16 gigs of images to edit. Whew!

And she’ll probably slap me for saying this, but Elise of Simply Recipes is one of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever met.

And yes yes yes, there actually is a Thong Picture floating around the internet. Maybe I’ll post it someday.

(And a big thanks to Alex Perelman for snapping the photo of me in the above collage. The rest were taken by yours truly, pre-konk on the head)

Comments

Aaaaah! Oh Matt, now I’m gonna cry.

What an amazing week. Haven’t quite accepted the fact that I don’t live 100 yards away from you and the others. Was just now thinking about how soon I can make my way down to lala land to visit.

Big hugs to you and Adam,

elise
    xoxoxoxoxo

Very cool set of pics! I’m sure the re-entry after a week at the beach will be traumatic…here’s hoping it’s not too bad!

I love this set of picture. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time and makes us “oh so normal” people (who actually spent 70hrs or more each week in front of a stove, cooking for a living) look like a lame gang ;)

I know jealousy isn’t becoming. But is it ok to have just a twinge of it, as long as it’s accompanied by a sincere delight in everyone’s happiness in these pictures, as well as anticipation to hear more about the week?

That was a terribly formed sentence. But you know what I mean. I can’t wait to hear about what sort of culinary escapades ensued.

I LOVE the shot of you in this! It sounds like you all had an adventure to remember. I’m looking forward to hearing more about it. (Did Adam get his YogurtLand fix yet?)

These pictures are simply gorgeous. And white color just fits the beach, sun, and all you happy people so well.

Still bumped out that I couldn’t make it…perhaps next time! :)

That is a lot of men in white linen!!! Awesome collage of amazing folks! Looks like you guys had a great time. Hope your head is OK!

You’re so lucky! beautiful picture, everyone seem so happy! I love Club Med to because I allways meet new friends… and their cooking lessons are exceptionnal!

9. Janet says

I swear it looks like an ad spread for a resort. You all look happy and relaxed. I’m glad you had a great time. Welcome back!

10. kelley burrus says

Gorgeous peep photos…and thanks for helping me lose a good part of the morning (and many more to come) on the Simply Recipe site.

Hope your head is feeling better. It sounds like a great trip, and the photos came out wonderfully – they really capture personalities. What was your favorite recipe from the trip?

I feel as if I have received my winter beach va-cay through you vicariously! Looking forward to more fall out of this trip on your blog. You are an inspiration.

The bar has been set a lot higher for my idea of a perfect vacation.

And when are you coming to SF so I can put you in compromising positions and document it digitally???

You are just friggin flippin crazy talented and this collage proves it. I love love love love love it! and I love love love everyone in this picture! What a great week. I still can’t believe I was there with you all. I’m still pinching myself hard to remind myself that it was all for real and not a dream. OUCH.

Trackbacks