Catching Dinner in the Bahamas

by Matt on March 16, 2009

Some things to note about this video:

1) I have never edited a video in my entire life. Please go easy on me.
2) Flip Cam + Moving Boat = some choppy filming.
2) Jaden screaming “WORK IT! WORK IT!” is one of the highlights of my ENTIRE trip!
4) Wanna know what we did with the fish we caught? Stay tuned.

Now enjoy…

Recipe for the fish coming up!

{ 1 trackback }

Catching Dinner In The Bahamas | MattBites.com | Ace Card's Caribbean Vacation
March 16, 2009 at 11:03 am

Ronald March 16, 2009 at 5:52 am

Great video Matt!

I don’t know if it was my computer but it stopped playing/buffering at 1:22 in and I had to visit the YouTube site to finish it.

Thanks for sharing, everyone’s pictures are fabulous but the sights and sounds of video take me a little closer to actually being there! I can’t wait for the fish recipe!

Best,

Ronald

Helen (grabyourfork) March 16, 2009 at 6:02 am

Nicely done! The video is great and wow, talk about a great catch! Not to mention all the fish as well. lol!

Broderick, Savory Exposure March 16, 2009 at 6:11 am

LOVE the sound effects, looks like a lot of fun!

deb March 16, 2009 at 6:50 am

Aw, that’s my husband in there! Love the video. Hilarious (um, but I hear less so in real life) about the tiny boat.

Tana Cox March 16, 2009 at 7:04 am

YAY FISHING YAAAAAAY!

Sara, Ms. Adventures in Italy March 16, 2009 at 7:23 am

Good job on your first video :) I, too, had problems streaming it from your site and went directly to YouTube (strange!)

Tony March 16, 2009 at 8:11 am

ah! that looked like it was super fun :) your commentary was much appreciated and I cannot wait to see what you guys ended up doing with the fish – I bet it was delicious though!

Leah Greenstein March 16, 2009 at 8:12 am

No problems here. Love the hearts on Clyde :) That’s one gorgeous fish. I didn’t think I could be hungry again so early, but…

Cameron S. March 16, 2009 at 8:47 am

That wasn’t that tiny of a fishing boat but I have been enjoying fishing my entire life – looked like a 24 footer or so – probably 200,000 to buy and equip :) Looked typical since in most boats the most that can fish at the same time is 3-5 anyways so a huge boat is not cost effective to run for fishing charters.

The bigger boat early in the video would have had a large amount of fuel per hour costs that would have made it tough to justify.

Of course you all deserved a giant boat!

I liked the video.

David March 16, 2009 at 8:59 am

So that’s what I missed when I was getting my massage?

elise March 16, 2009 at 9:28 am

David, I think that’s what we were missing when we got soaked (and you got water in your ear) sailing the Hobie Cat. I swear just looking at that video makes me want to pop a few Dramamine. Great job on the catch and on the video Matt!

rachel March 16, 2009 at 9:48 am

I would quite like to go fishing with Clyde or maybe I would just quite like to sit back and admire clyde haul in a big fish.
I am a generally silent but rather devoted fan of your blog after a friend in london sent me the link with an inkling I might just get hooked (bit like that fish eh.)
I love your surrealist photos, the one with the blow up doll for valentines and the recent one with the doughnuts are classic – (maybe thanks should go to Adam).
the sound effects made me giggle.

Richard Morales, Publicist Extraordinaire March 16, 2009 at 10:03 am

Titles, imagery, sound effects and editing were very much in the spirit of MattBites.com. Loved it. But, now I’m anxious to hear the recipe for that catch of the day. The anticipation of that story is increasing my appetite.

Chez US March 16, 2009 at 10:04 am

Nicely done video! I cannot wait to see what you did to the fish after the big hunt.

Phoo-D March 16, 2009 at 10:46 am

I love it! Such a fun spirit to the video and what a great day to be fishing. Can’t wait to see what you did with the catch.

Lainey March 16, 2009 at 12:37 pm

why is it that all boat captains are hot? it must be some sort of pre-requisite.

The Daily Colander March 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Very nice job, Matt. I can’t believe the fish you guys caught.

Naja March 16, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Thank you SO MUCH, this is so refreshing !!!

Dominique March 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Nice video too, and no problem to see all of it! Did you eat all this fish? we wait for reciepes…

Food Woolf March 16, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Felt like I was there! Now to find out how you got that bump on your head!

Love the *zing* sound effect/Matt Bites text you put in. Cute! Great job for a first video!

xoxox,
Brooke

Jeremy March 17, 2009 at 3:06 am

I was going to say, where was David?
Great video, great editing, what did you use for that?

Laurie March 17, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I thought your first video was great – very funny and entertaining. I can’t wait to see what you do with those gorgeous fish!

I just found your site through Elise and I can’t believe I’ve never visited you before. What fun you have over here. I’ll be back…

Simone (junglefrog) March 17, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Well done on your first video! Loved it!!

Gretchen March 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I just found you Matt and I must say- i have a new crush! Your site is awesome- and your video was pretty swell! Looking forward to working my way back into the archives. Thanks!

amy March 17, 2009 at 11:12 pm

LOL great vid! Beautiful fish…ocean….Niiicceeee : )

Just Cook It March 18, 2009 at 9:27 am

I’m hoping you just dipped them in flour and deepfried them whole, like whitebait. Or maybe they were a little big for that? Hey ho, great vid. Looking forward to seeing what became of them.

Uncle Beefy March 18, 2009 at 11:59 am

1) You funny man.
2) Can’t imagine what happened to my invitation to come along on this trip? ;)
3) While Adam was working on reeling in that enormous fish, you really thought that was the time to have him refocus to say “hi” to the camera?

Looks like an enviable time you all had! Hope you are well, Mister!

Sirena March 18, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Great video! I loved the special effects. Looks like an amazing trip! Could you share what you used to create it? If you hadn’t told me it was your first i never would have known!

Matt March 20, 2009 at 7:07 am

Hi Sirena! I actually just used imovie that came with my mac. Nuthin’ special :)

Jaden March 21, 2009 at 5:13 am

redhead worked it way good!!!

;-)

kisses, jaden

Carolyn March 21, 2009 at 5:38 am

Matt, I think you’ve missed your calling! Okay, not really, your photography is amazing. But you’ve got a real talent for video editing. That was really your first time? You could certainly get a job on Blind Date

Janna March 21, 2009 at 10:17 am

Beautiful video and catch, Matt. You’re right about Clyde!

Raffy March 24, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I wanted to see Adam club it in the head!

Tabitha (From Single to married) March 27, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Very cool!!

StickyKeys April 1, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Hello Clyde!

Looks like great fun Matt!

Dishy Goodness December 18, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I think you did a great job with the video, especially for your first time editing! I liked the “title” pages and graphics, too. That you were able to film on such choppy water and not get sick is an accomplishment in itself.