Yes, it’s that time again! It’s Menu For Hope 6, the annual fundraising campaign started by Pim and hosted by a revolving group of food bloggers around the world. Each December, food bloggers from all over join the campaign by offering a delectable array of food-related items for the Menu for Hope raffle. Anyone – and that means you too – can buy raffle tickets to bid on these items. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual raffle ticket to bid on an item of your choice. At the end of the two-week campaign, the raffle tickets are drawn and the results announced on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18.
Last year I hosted the West Coast and it’s was a such an honor. This year our West Coast honor duties are being performed by my friend, the beautiful Shauna of glutenfreegirl.com. I want to thank her for all the hard work it takes to keep us all gathered and happy. THANK YOU SHAUNA!
This year I’m so thrilled to offer a 2-day Food Styling & Photography Workshop (Item Code: UW01) held at my studio in Long Beach on March 13th & 14th, 2010. I’ve teamed up with the amazing Denise Vivaldo of Food Fantastics to bring you a workshop filled with great ideas, tips and hints, and practical photo applications all centered around food! We’ve held two workshops already at my studio, hosting sold-out weekends with some of the most amazing food bloggers and soon-to-be food bloggers in attendance. But don’t take my word for it, read all about the workshops here and here.
So what will we be doing? I’m glad you asked! On Saturday we concentrate on using professional styling techniques to:
- cook for the camera
- plate food to show it at its best
- garnish effectively
- use only edible styling methods
- hold and refresh food
On Sunday we focus on digital photography and how to improve your photos through:
- camera angle and selective focus
- shooting with available light
- the use of fill cards and reflectors
- when to supplement available light
- the use of props (and trust me, you’ll have fun with my props!)
Make sure to bring your camera, your ideas and your energy! And for the fine print: Winner is responsible for travel to Long Beach as well as accommodations. Lunch and class materials for you will be provided by Matt Armendariz. In lieu of class scheduling and winner’s schedule a personal day of food styling instruction and food photography at the studio can be offered as an alternate. Same conditions apply.
So how do you get in on this unique raffle bid item?
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!
Feel free to email me with questions or leave them in the comments about the workshop but please note that I’m unable to answer any questions about bidding or the raffle itself. Make sure to check in with your regional host for those types of inquiries.