Martha’s Cookie Of The Day: Matt’s Alfajores

by Matt on June 30, 2010

Last night Evita was on television. It reminded me of our past few visits to Argentina which made me hop on the computer to find a particular image of a street in Buenos Aires. Then this morning I woke up to find that my alfajores are Martha’s Cookie Of The Day.  It’s like all this Argentine love is surrounding me and that makes me very happy. Except Evita was a British creation with an Italian-American actress and my cookies are made by a Mexican-American with cookies heavily influenced by a little old lady from Illinois. Oh god I have a headache now.

Check out the cookies here. Thanks, Martha!

{ 1 trackback }

Tweets that mention Martha's Cookie Of The Day: Matt's Alfajores | MattBites.com -- Topsy.com
June 30, 2010 at 7:31 am

April June 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

Congratulations! Must be a good feeling! And those cookies sound delicious!

Mara June 30, 2010 at 10:15 am

Wow, they look lovely. When I got the daily cookie on my inbox, I remembered I had viewed your video. Argentinian love all around, also on the world cup.
Congratulations Matt ;)

Giber July 1, 2010 at 1:29 am

I love Alfajores from Argentina & Uruguay! I was drooling when I saw this post! congrats!

Cooking in Mexico July 1, 2010 at 7:40 am

I have never before heard of alfajores. This sounds very international, and I love it, as I’m in an international mood these days what with watching all the World Cup games.

Kathleen

Gabi July 1, 2010 at 7:26 pm

How exciting! It was a photo alfajores that got me hooked on your site in the first place. My fiance and I are tango dancers, and those cookies were one of our favorite take aways from Argentina.

My friend made your recipe for a dinner party that we threw, and though they are different than the Havannas I’m used to, they were wonderful.

Rebecca July 2, 2010 at 6:09 am

Yay! Your alfajores are a delicious take on the classic–and this is a well-deserved honor! Congrats!

Kristina July 2, 2010 at 12:37 pm

i love cookies. i have never had an alfajores though.
i hope you will make them for me the next time i fly out to see you.
bye

A Plum By Any Other Name July 2, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Ha, you have to love it when a cookie can bring both Evita and Martha together. The universe is a magical thing. Congrats! ;)

Nicole Franzen July 2, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I LOVE alfajores!! Havana has the best :) Lucky you got to meet Martha!

marla {family fresh cooking} July 5, 2010 at 7:18 am

Not sure I can pronounce the name of these cookies, but they are looking awesome over here & over at Martha’s! xo

Culinary Cory July 5, 2010 at 10:45 am

Many congrats! Finding a recipe like that is a good start to the day.

Liz Caskey July 5, 2010 at 4:15 pm

How fun to spread the yummy gospel of alfajores. We eat them all over Chile too although here they love to roll the sides in grated coconut or crushed walnuts here before dusting with sugar.

Did you find these freeze well? They are ideal to make a batch and have on hand for any attack of the munchies…

Thanks for sharing. Great to meet you at IACP!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen July 8, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Alfajores were the first cookies I ever learned to make. My great aunt owns a little pasteria in Lima, Peru where she makes them. They’re so amazing and special. I recently made Alfajores as ice cream sandwiches, and they were kinda crazy awesome. Here’s the link:

Maris July 11, 2010 at 11:00 am

Congrats! I was in the audience during that show and you were awesome! Now I want to make these cookies….thanks A LOT Martha ;)

Steve July 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I keep meaning to make these. They look amazeballs.

Gabriela July 13, 2010 at 8:34 am

You’re living the dream! I couldn’t imagine what it’d be like to bake with Martha!

katy July 14, 2010 at 5:56 pm

wow, she is so pretty! looks like you had an awesome time!

Cookware Hampshire July 20, 2010 at 2:52 am

These do look awesome, so much so I followed the link and saved the recipe for the weekend! I don’t bake often, but when I do everyone is much more appreciative for it. Keep the good stuff coming!

John.

Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris August 2, 2010 at 6:22 am

Long live Argentina !!!!!

Daisy July 8, 2011 at 10:19 am

I absolutely LOVE alfajores. One of my Spanish instructors in college was from Buenos Aires and every Friday she would bring enough alfajores and submarino chocolates for all two-hundred of her students. Talk about freshmen 15.