One Word: Tarragona

I’m currently in my most favorite country on the entire planet. And there isn’t much to say about Spain because I’m too busy basking in the sunlight and taking naps. And after the photos above there’s not really much to add, is there? Padrons, sardinas, patatas bravas….enough said. Really.

More Spain coming shortly.

Comments

omg you’re killing me with these shots – I can’t wait to head to the region in a couple of weeks time, enjoy the rest of your trip! xx

2. Anna says

Hey, welcome to my country!! Glad you like it, the food is really great :) Well, I am basically on Barcelona, not Tarragona but If you plan to visit us and need any info don’t hesitate to write me!
    Have fun!

Never been to Spain. I will. The sardinas make me crave for their salty crunchy texture, for some wine, and for a nap too.

regular reader here…so happy to see you are in my adopted home! from the states but i live and eat in san sebastian…will you be passing through? (surely)

Oh man! It’s been 8 years since i’ve been to Tarragona… I’ve been yearning for those Tarragona Tapas since then…

Looking forward to your words!

6. Esmee@ELLEfoodAmsterdam says

We just came back from the FoodPhotofestival in Tarragona, and had exactly the same dishes yesterday @Restaurant Txantxangorri! Sorry we missed you there Matt!

7. ilona says

Welcome to my fabulous country! Please try the most diferent dishes you can, there are more you should taste!!!! Spanish – mediterranean food is great!
    ilona

8. Paul Kuiper says

Just got back from Madrid/Barcelona 2 days ago, had the best time. The food is awesome. I have some great Tapas Bars in Madrid close to the Center. A great place in Toledo also. e-mail me if you want the details. I go every year and I also have a small vineyard in Da Coba (Monforte de Lemos) I plan on converting the Bodega to a studio Apt. Cheers!!!!! Ole!

9. Tracy says

Oh, I’m swooning over the chiles! And the potatoes. Those are single-serving platters, right….?

I just moved to Barcelona to study, and would love to hear more about your favorite spots in Spain…we discover blog-worthy spots everyday! Hay mas restaurantes fantasticos que podemos probar! Me encantaria a aprender sobre sus lugares favoritas en Espana.

I’ve had a long-standing Spain obsession and cannot WAIT to visit there some day! In the meantime, I feel so lucky to have things like your gorgeous photographs and Spain on the Road Again to tide me over. I’m really looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

12. Joanne says

Went to Spain this summer, fell in love with the country and the food!!! Can’t wait to go back.

13. Amelia says

Matt, did you by chance come to my family’s restaurant Cinc Sentits in Barcelona for a meal recently? I came upon your blog today (recommended in the GOOP newsletter) and your name is ringing some very loud bells.

14. susana says

I’m very glad you like my country and its food. Thank you for your post, we have more things than tapas and naps, each region has its own food which is very different from one place to another. I hope you enjoy all.

Hola Matt! Welcome to Spain!
    I’d like to invite you to our hands-on cooking class in Barcelona, Cook & Taste. We make cooking workshops for travellers that are curious about local cuisine and we’d love to meet you!
    I hope you enjoy Spanish food and… I’m looking forward to hearing about it!

Just returned from a cooking trip in Spain this September and I’ve eaten roasted sardines 4 already times to try and satisfy the craving… Have had better luck with the pimientos de padron, which have been available fresh at the Spanish Table (their grower is in Sacramento, I guess). Delish!
    Thanks for these great photos/recuerdos of a wonderful journey!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Tarragona | MattBites.com One Word Tarragona. by Matt on September 30, I'm currently in my most favorite country on the entire planet. And there isn't much to say about Spain because I'm too busy basking in the sunlight and taking naps. [...]