Meanwhile, over at Cooking Channel…

by Matt on May 27, 2011

Boy oh boy it’s Crazy Times over here and I bet it’s the same for you. It’s not even officially June 21st and I’m already in full summer mode. I’m happy about it as it’s my favorite time of year and if I can coax a little extra out of summer I’m all for it! For us it officially began when we started working on a series of recipe images for our friends at Cooking Channel. Ok, they’re like family, really.

There’s a certain satisfaction you get from seeing all your hard work completed and in our case it’s all up on the Summer Sides section of Cooking Channel. Have you seen it? With the exception of the video we cooked, photographed (and taste-tested, naturally) these flavorful side dishes that are guaranteed to “steal the show at your summer picnic, potluck or barbecue.” Which is very true. If I had to pick a favorite I’d say it’s either the Mexican Grilled Corn (you cannot mess it up!) or Extra Virgin’s Grilled Vegetables, which to me could become a main dish along side a nice baguette and plenty of wine.

Side note: A few days after photographing the vegetables from Extra Virgin, the show featuring Debi Mazar and her husband Gabriele Corcos, I ran into her while working on another project in which we’re both involved in. I tried not to make it strange by saying “Oh hi! We’re co-workers and I shot your eggplant.” Because there’s really no gracious way to say that when I think about it. As I expected she was lovely :)

Anyway, back to the food! Check out the link for some really delicious summer sides because, well, isn’t summer entertaining really all about side dishes? You already pretty much know what is going to the be the main dish, don’t you?

Speaking of Food Network…

More about this a bit later. I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE.

Starvin' Marvin May 27, 2011 at 7:18 am

That’s a spooky photo! Paula Deen embracing a cut out of Paula Deen!
It is so exciting to know you rub elbows with Paula and Debi and who knows what other celebrity cooks and chefs.

Glenn Dettwiler May 27, 2011 at 7:54 am

So, when does your guest spot air?

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

Omg Matt!!! Sooooo happy for you!!! I can only imagine that you and Paula D would light a room and could talk, gab, laugh, for hours and just have the time of your life!! HOW FUN!!!!!!

Congrats on all your hard work and projects and ventures you’ve been working on, too!

Stephanie May 27, 2011 at 8:44 am

Matt, you’re on fire! Whoo hoo!

Cookin' Canuck May 27, 2011 at 9:19 am

Way to go, Matt. It sounds as though you are having a ball and you certainly deserve the success.

Elizabeth May 27, 2011 at 9:34 am

I own four of those awesome teal plates in the main image up above there and use them all the time in my photography on my blog. As well as in my etsy shop. Love those plates and wish I could get more!

Congrats on all your well deserved success. You rock my world!

xx,
Elizabeth

Alana D May 27, 2011 at 10:07 am

So when will we see you on the cooking channel? It must have been so cool to meet Paula Deen!

Margaret May 27, 2011 at 10:35 am

LOVE this!

Sophia May 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Jealous!!! I know Paula Deen stirs up opposite spectrums of emotions, but for me, she seems like a ton of fun and I find her adorable. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Dana@TheSundaySweet May 27, 2011 at 5:17 pm

This sounds like so much fun!!! I bet you had the time of your life!! Can’t wait to check out all of the dishes.

Dana@TheSundaySweet May 27, 2011 at 5:19 pm

p.s. i absolutely love your header for your blog. its exquisite.

marla May 28, 2011 at 10:21 pm

You and Adam are so hot with Paula & her twin ;) Loving those summer recipes and photos you have over at the Cooking Channel. That corn smothered in butter & cheese looks ahhhmazing. xo

TJG May 29, 2011 at 1:18 pm

You blog header is amazing and the photo in this post made me lol! I’ll follow this blog with great interest from now on :)

TJG

memur May 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Matt, i following you in these month and i see that you are growing and rising. go ahead and take all of them. it is fun of your brain ;)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com May 30, 2011 at 1:05 am

I went missing from the blogosphere for merely 2 weeks and this is what I get in return? Amazing! Can’t wait to read your adventures with Paula Deen!

Culinary Cory May 30, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Awesome! The Cooking Channel pieces look great.

Miri Leigh May 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Congratulations, Matt! I am so excited for you. You deserve only the best!

virginia willis May 31, 2011 at 6:25 am

Wasn’t it a blast taping w. Paula! She’s very sweet. Hope you are well. Congratulations. This all looks really cool. Best VA

susan May 31, 2011 at 7:34 am

the simile on your face proves that you are living your dreams! way to go, Matt – you deserve it!

Nancy@acommunaltable May 31, 2011 at 7:58 am

WOO HOO!!! The relaxed and excited smiles on your faces says it all… I know you and Adam had a BLAST with Paula and I can’t wait to see the segment!!!

The shots on the Cooking Channel are beautiful!!!

Lindsay June 1, 2011 at 9:10 am

Wanted to stop by and let you know that I am lovin’ the idea behind your cookbook, ON A STICK. It looks great! The BonBon Rose Girls did a wonderful review on it, which led me to your blog. So glad they did!

Isn’t Paula wonderful!?!? I was so lucky to meet and cook with her last year in Savannah as one of her Real Women of Philadelphia cooking finalists. She is the best. So sweet. So genuine. Can’t wait to hear all about your time with her!

Tyler York June 2, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Wow, thats incredible for you guys. Congrats :)

The Innkeeper's Daughter June 2, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Hey Matt, lost you this past month and just now seeing the new look and banner. LOVE IT! Oh, and it looks like it was a great experience with Paula.
Yolande

bloomie June 3, 2011 at 11:46 am

Do you have an RSS feed? I tried putting your url in my google reader and your blog didn’t show up.

Erin @ Cake Makes Sense June 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Congratulations! Also, that picture of you with the two Paulas is hilarious. And the fact that there is chocolate melting on the stove is like the cherry on top. Love it!

Lauren B June 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Those extra virgin grilled veggies look amazing, Matt! I found you via Smitten Kitchen, and will be adapting your fudgesicles to be sugar-free for my blog. :) That photo of with the Paula Deen cut out = awesome, hahaha!

Irvin June 6, 2011 at 1:04 am

Holy Crap! I love that photo of you and Adam and Paula and Cardboard Paula! LOVE! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Brooke June 6, 2011 at 7:03 am

I am so glad I found your blog. A smile and great food…can’t go wrong! I love the pic of Paula D. Kind of spooky, though, her hugging herself and all:)

anonymous June 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm

If you like this, you should check out EXTREME CHEF. It has some crazy recipes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3J824ZuGXA

Liz June 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

Thanks for sharing this, the pictures look fabulous and the recipes are great. I hope you’re right that no one can mess up the Mexican Grilled Corn. It’s that easy?

I love the life-size poster of Paula D!

Thanks!