Good Bite’s Weeknight Meals: The Cook Book

by Matt on August 5, 2011

We photographed a book last year for Good Bite as well as contributed a few recipes along with some of our dearest friends. Now that the book is almost here I wanted to share a wonderful ‘lil video about the project.Please excuse the fact that my head looks ginormous.

I’m lucky enough to have an early copy (Thanks Justin!) and it’s a very beautiful book. It’s available for pre-order at Amazon. Thanks to Adam and Emily for the amazing food and prop styling as well as agreeing to work with me. I hope you still like me.

Yvette ~ Muy Bueno Cookbook August 5, 2011 at 9:22 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks fantastic! All my online favorite bloggers rolled into a printed piece of heaven. CONGRATS! I’m off to pre-order.

The Kenetic Diabetic August 5, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I’m sorry but I am tired of food blogs NOT being about food and recipes. I thought when I was subscribing to your blog I was getting something different then a plug for all the compensations. I wanted to know what drives you to write, photograph and cook recipes, not what you have been compensated for.
Consider me opting out of this subscription.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com August 5, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I love how a prop stylist plays an important role to the overall look in a food photography session. I want those props, please? :)

Matt August 5, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Hi Susan! While I’m not sure what other food blogs you are reading I can only speak for myself when I say that since 2005 I’ve been blogging about “food, drink, and everything in between” with original recipe writing only ever being a small part of what I blog about. For 6 years I’ve blogged about photography and projects I’ve worked on as my blog is a personal space to do so and always will be. I am proud of my work, like the Good Bites book I shot, and I enjoy sharing it with my readers in my own personal space. I hope they enjoy it too!

Luckily for both of us there are thousands of wonderful blogs out there where we can find exactly what we love and enjoy reading. I hope you find the blogs that sing and resonate with you while I will continue to write about the things I love doing.

Best of luck and thank you for subscribing. Sorry to see you go!

Sincerely,

Matt Armendariz

Karen Dillon August 6, 2011 at 7:07 am

Hi, Matt. I’ve never visited a food blog before and just kind of stumbled onto yours this morning. What I found most interesting was your reply to Susan. It was such a positive response to what sounded like a negative comment. You stayed strong in your conviction to remain faithful to what you love to do, without putting her down in any way. You went on to encourage her to find and follow her own interests in a very sincere manner. If we could all communicate so thoughtfully well, I’m certain the our world would be a friendlier place. It does make a difference and I just wanted you to know I was impressed. Best wishes to you for continued success and happiness.

Nic@diningwithastud August 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm

The books sounds awesome! I hope they ship to Oz :)

Lindsey August 13, 2011 at 11:36 am

Matt, your blog is wonderful! :) I really enjoyed your last post about Seoul, because I also went to Insadong a month ago to visit my family!

SS August 16, 2011 at 6:03 am

I just ordered my copy! I can’t wait! This is surely my favourite blog! I am truly glad that I found Mattbites. You always seem to have a culinary solution to my problem – whatever they might be. Please keep it up. I’ll be following you closely.