A new banner for 2012!

Well folks, we’re about to say goodbye to another year and I can’t think of a better way to ring it in than with a new banner! You know I like to update things now and then, and just the other day we finished a big citrus story at the studio for ourselves (yes, self-assignments are important!) and as I was looking around at the bowls of lemons and oranges I thought it’d make a bright happy new banner. Full confession: I’ve resorted to bright bowls of lemons before for my header banner. I just can’t help it. Clearly I’m not above repeating myself.

This year I thought of doing something a bit different using some of my favorite ceramics from Mud Australia. Yes, I’ve also been on quite an Australian kick. At any rate, I painted a surface a very light blue and arranged the assorted blue bowls from our collection.

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THOSE BLUES? I’m drooling. After I had them where I wanted them I  placed some happy little lemons, oranges, kumquats and leaves inside them and snapped away.

I opened everything in photoshop to make sure it was where I needed it to be. I updated the type for 2012 and voila! done!

From me and Adam to you and your family….we are wishing you a very happy and healthy 2012! What a year it’s been!

Comments

stunning! I love to see ‘behind the scenes’ work, and what I would give for that … ‘tripod’ contraption!

I love Mud Australia, too. beautiful blues you have!

Happy New Year to you and Adam!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, my beloved friend. You, like that blue, are a perfect shade of happy and joyful. Adore you and your new banner. Happy 2012. May it be filled with even more fun, travel, frolicking, and….wigs. :)

I love the new banner! So clean and fresh (though I miss seeing your pretty face up there).

Of course, now I want to eat a blood orange. Or as my friend Ben likes to call them, bloody oranges.

Matt, your work is beyond inspiring. Love seeing behind the scenes like this (the results are rockin’ too!). There’s something inspiring about a bowl of bright, fresh, citrus fruits, so repeat away! Happy New Year!

5. Matt says

Simon, the handwritten font will still be around in some posts, I could never exclude it completely!

6. Matt says

Thank you Irvin! The world might be seeing too much of my face in 2012 so I thought I’d give everyone a break… who knows :)

And happy new year to you and AJ!

Blue! You had me at blue. Looks lovely. Hope you have a happy, healthy, delicious bite-filled year and put that banner to good use. :)

My wife sent me a link to this article. Great banner and behind the scenes information. While this is my first visit to your site it will not be my last. I have already added your feed to my reader.

Matt, It looks beautiful! A very happy new year to you and Adam–may your days be filled with the same beauty and clarity of that gorgeous blue!

Wow, Matt, this is really beautiful! I love that pale blue with a hint of grey in it. Everything goes so well together, inviting fruit beckoning for a bite and the stunning ceramics from Mud Australia!
    What a way to greet the new year! Happy New Year!

Happy New yEar to you and Adam Matt! Hugs from Kent and me. YOu’ve had an amazing 2011 and we know that 2012 holds many wonderful adventures, blessings and surprises for you. Love the citrus header! Of course, I’m crazy about citrus so it’s a natural choice for me. Our trees are heavy with fruit right now. Can’t wait to do something with it all. Love the process photos too. Thanks my friends!

12. Philippe Tan says

Matt, you never fail to inspire me in so many levels. I love your work. Thank you for being around. More love to you and Adam.

Matt, You are really awesome. I am a big fan for your photography now. Loved to see the scenes and hard work behind an excellent photograph. Thanks for the info and Happy new year too.. :)

Happy New Year Matt! Your new banner is gorgeous – really evokes the freshness of the season here in California. Thanks for sharing your process in producing it, it’s always great to get that sort of insight. Definitely going to check out Mud Australia as well!

Yay! A new banner for a great new year. Really love it & the Mud bowls too.
    U R a total talent :) & inspiration.
    goodnight.