A Few Things, But Mostly A Shameless Plug

by Matt on September 26, 2012

Well hello there.

And how are you? That’s me in a photo taken by the lovely Erin Malone last week at Jordan Winery. I was in San Francisco shooting a few projects which I’ll share with you shortly, but in the meantime it’s back to the grind this week at the studio doing what I love. I’m wrapping up an amazing book for Joe Yonan (oh just you wait! the recipes!), and starting another tomorrow that is nothing but mac and cheese. Heaven help me. Someone’s gonna have to roll me out of the studio garage door, I swear.

In other news, my 2nd book came out last week and I wanted to let you know about it! Titled Focus On Food Photography for Bloggers, it’s jam packed with tips that I’m hoping might help you when it comes to food photography. But only if you need it.

And also, you know what would make me super duper smiley and happy? If you have purchased it I’d love to know what you think about it on Amazon. It’s valuable feedback for authors and potential buyers as they shop. But please be honest. Loved it? Hated it? Thought I was too silly? Not silly enough? Share your thoughts!

Also, just a quick shout out to the people I’m thankful for: Toni from Ten Speed, Lisa at Jordan, Lisa Schiffman (A-D-O-R-E-Y-O-U-!), Linsey G, Lori at Jordan, Carol, Nicole, Erin M, Kristina, Gaby, and our studio staff for keeping things together and putting up with my non-stop babbling about random facts and Paris Is Burning quotes. This world is made better by all these loving, wonderful people.

Averie @ Averie Cooks September 26, 2012 at 8:55 am

Congrats on your book being released, Matt! That is awesome and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

And doing mac ‘n cheese and wine shoots. At least when you get to nibble or taste from the set, you are tasting some good stuff :)

CJ at Food Stories September 26, 2012 at 9:51 am

Congrats on your second book, Matt :-)

Sophie - dinnersforwinners September 26, 2012 at 11:19 am

Matt, my pre-ordered copy of your book arrived yesterday :) it’s beautiful, congratulations! I’m especially excited to — hopefully — master the Lowel Ego light, as I’m losing natural daylight hours to shoot. I’m thrilled to keep practicing!

viqueen September 26, 2012 at 1:12 pm

You’re an inspiration! Love your enthusiasm.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com September 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Congrats on your book, Matt! Can’t wait to get my copy!!

Nic@diningwithastud September 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Congratulations :) I cant waito to get my hot little hands on a copy!

Veronica of Muy Bueno September 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

Felicidades Matt on your new book!!! woohoo, so excited for you and for me…can’t wait to get my copy!!! Besos!!!

Dale Coykendall September 28, 2012 at 11:17 am

Love your style.. can’t wait to read .Thanks

Lori September 28, 2012 at 11:25 am

Please come back soon, Matt. We love you!

Lisa Mattson September 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hi Matt,

We absolutely love your work and following all your projects. I just got my copy of your book today and will leave my review on Amazon. So far, I love all the tips. I told Erin she must read it.

Best,
Lisa

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com October 1, 2012 at 1:52 am

Congratulations on your 2nd book! It would be so much fun to read it!

marla October 3, 2012 at 4:26 am

Oh Yay! So happy your book is out. Gonna order right now. Congrats!

Ally October 4, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Hi, Matt! I’m new to your blog/website and am ecstatic to have found you and your new book…I’m probably the only foodie blogger w/more rejections from Food Gawker than is legally allowed! Maybe w/your book’s tutelage I’ll start nailing some! Love your voice and your style…come visit me if you’re in the neighborhood of Ally’s Kitchen! Peace & Nameste…:)

Shane February 3, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Found your book through your site and immediately ordered a copy for my wife as a birthday gift. She’s into food photography and wanted to expand beyond instagram.
Peace.