Jordan Winery Estate Tales magazine photo shoot: Behind The Scenes

by Matt on October 19, 2012

Before you settle into this post and video, please:

1) Forgive my spastic, forever gesticulating body language. I swear I can be calm. Sometimes.

2) What really looks like Jazz Hands was only me talking about a large plate with tiny food (my pet peeve).

3) No insects were killed in the making of this video.

4) I’m fully aware that I sound like Minnie Mouse when I speak.

I do want to thank the lovely folks at Jordan Winery for the opportunity to join them on their Estate Tales magazine photo shoot for the 3rd year in a row. It’s such a joy to spend time with them and see all the new things they do for their customers. As a business owner myself I’m touched that they place such an emphasis not only their product but on their customers, too. I can’t wait to return and see what’s in store!

Thanks to the entire Jordan team, and also to my beautiful assistant who provided the necessary support to pull off all this hard work in such a grueling environment. Tee hee.

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 19, 2012 at 9:44 am

You don’t sound like Minnie Mouse at all! Lol

Matt the video was awesome and the images you took for Jordan are stunning and the location just looks beyond gorgeous, too!

CJ at Food Stories October 19, 2012 at 9:50 am

What a great video … I loved watching you guys work :-)

Carol October 19, 2012 at 9:54 am

The video is great, Matt. What an interesting peek behind the scenes at your shoot for Jordan. It looks like such a great winery setting. Just beautiful!

Melissa/Foodie for Two October 19, 2012 at 10:56 am

How fun to see the behind-the-scenes! Beautiful shots, and scenery. Jordan Winery has stellar wines and the grounds are stunning. Don’t you love that “secret” door in the paneling that leads to one of the tasting rooms? Thanks for giving us a peek into what it takes to put a photo shoot together.

Lisa Mattson October 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Hi Matt,

Erin loved making this video–fun and outside our usual format. It’s always a pleasure to work with you.

Cheers,
Lisa
Journey of Jordan: a wine and food video blog

Lisa Mattson October 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm

P.S. We posted some behind-the-scenes photos on our blog too! http://blog.jordanwinery.com/2012/10/behind-the-scenes-with-food-photographer-matt-armendariz/

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com October 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Great video! It’s so fun to watch you at work! Very entertaining. :)

kristina October 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Minnie Mouse…!!!

I loved this video and loved seeing how you interact with your clients. Looks like everyone has fun!

K

sally cameron October 20, 2012 at 1:41 pm

You have such a tough job! What a great shoot Matt. Thanks for sharing. Awesome. We had Jordan at our wedding!

Yeshen October 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

I’m the work was harder than it looked! Beautiful location and what quality of light.. hard to find sun like that in London, but we improvise where we can.

Jeff @ Cheeseburger October 31, 2012 at 2:38 am

Great video Matt. Thanks for the behind the scene view of your magazine photo shoot. I saw some of the photos and they are great!

Tina Crespo November 10, 2012 at 8:38 am

Matt, coming to your blog always makes me giggle and appreciate the career I’ve chosen even more. Though some days are difficult to get through (and finding your “niche”, as well), these behind the scenes video make me feel like shooting again. Your vibrance and overall joy for what you do is inspiring and endearing.
Thank you for sharing that with us!
Congrats on the new home, it sounds lovely.

Marybeth November 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm

You’re really cute, Matt, and you made me laugh out loud twice! I hope no one ate the plate with the green poison smeared on. I’ve been to Jordan Winery and it IS so beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to GOOP for recommending your blog.