Workshops at Gulf Photo Plus 2014 in Dubai!

by Matt on February 8, 2014

Intro-Graphic

My feeble attempts at putting words together will not convey the excitement bursting from inside me regarding this announcement. I am joining several world-class photographers and instructors this year at one of the most preeminent photography festivals ever offered. And folks, this makes me giddy!

Next month I’ll be leading a few food photography related workshops and talks at Gulf Photo Plus in Dubai, and my activities also happen to coincide with the Dubai Food Festival. I’m doubly excited about this!

Graphic-with-Listing

On March 7th, I’ll be speaking about creating delicious images with your smartphone. This is going to be so much fun for me as I’m never without my iphone, and working within the limitations of this technology can actually extremely liberating.

On March 7th, I’ll be takin’ it back to my roots and discussing writing, food photography, and blogging in this talk titled “All About You: Great Writing and Food Photography For Bloggers”.

On March 9th and 10th, I’ll be leading an in-depth, 2 day food photography workshop that is limited to 12 participants only. This is going to be intense, packed with hands-on activity and information and we are gonna work. I mean that! The level of festival attendees blows my mind and I know I’ll get as much out of it as I put in.

Also — and I’m not gonna lie — I’m a bit starstruck when I check out the list of photographers teaching workshops at GPP 2014. Zack Arias, Gregory Heisler, David Hobby, Joe McNally, Steve Simon, just to name a few. I’m thrilled to meet everyone!

Visit Gulf Photo Plus’ Festival 2014 page for all the details and if you are planning on attending any of my workshops please do let me know! I can’t wait to meet you!

And check out Dubai Food Festival, too!

GPP2014 Dubai | A Week To Remember! from gulf photo plus on Vimeo.

Rosie Evie February 8, 2014 at 2:56 pm

The GPP2014 annual event is the region’s biggest and only photography festival bringing the world’s best photographers and instructors to Dubai to share their knowledge and experience with the world’s professional and amateur photography community.

Its just awesome post ever ! Thanks for sharing..

Tala February 10, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I just signed up for the 2 day work shop and i REALLLLLYYYY can’t wait. I have been such an admirer of you work for the past couple of years I couldn’t believe you were coming to Dubai (were I live). Can’t wait to meet you as well let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations as well!

Love

Tala

Chef and Steward February 15, 2014 at 3:08 am

Great to are coming to our hometown Matt. Would love to touch base with you to interview you while you are here.

cody February 21, 2014 at 7:51 am

great !

vakta mondal February 23, 2014 at 7:33 am

I just step through your blog. Also Dubai is really fantastic that is known to all. I had gone UAE for about 2 months. So, I have great experience about it’s food, culture, manner and reality.

Thank you for remembering that days…………………….

Jeff @ Cheese-burger.net February 26, 2014 at 3:46 am

It looks like you’ll have a very busy March Matt. Goodluck!

TMC February 26, 2014 at 6:14 pm

That’s amazing! What an incredible opportunity to teach and learn… and eat! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

PotsandPatterns March 1, 2014 at 12:16 pm

we reallly cant wait to take the course with you. Looking forward to welcoming in our country :)

Jaclyn March 7, 2014 at 12:30 am

What I wouldn’t give to be there! Not only to be in Dubai but to be in Dubai AND learn from you would be incredible! Hope you have the best trip ever!

Aqiyl Aniys March 16, 2014 at 10:06 am

I hope you had a great time. My friend teaches there and says it is beautiful.

Ali Zain March 19, 2014 at 3:38 pm

i really like your photography art , i learn lot of ideas with the help of your master piece photos.